Oven Baked Barbecue Chicken Drumsticks
I wanted to try this Aristocrat Style Chicken Barbecue Recipe but because I didn’t have one of the ingredients needed, I had to tweak the recipe a bit and came up with a slightly different version. The drumsticks tasted great and we had them without anything else on the side while watching TV. 🙂 Finger licking goodness.
What you need:
6 – 10 pieces large chicken drumsticks
2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
Marinade (and sauce for later):
- 1 cup kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup 7-up
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
What you need to do:
- In a bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Prick each chicken drumsticks with a fork or the tip of a knife. Place all the drumsticks into the marinade and set aside for at least an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg C.
- Place the drumsticks on a rack placed on a tray and bake for 20 minutes (set aside the marinade). Turn each drumstick over and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- While they are in the oven, pour the cornstarch mixture and the marinade onto a saucepan and boil. This will thicken.
- Brush the sauce on top of each drumstick, loosely cover with foil and continue baking for 5 minutes. After the 5th minute, turn over each drumstick and baste the other side, cover again with the foil and bake again for 5 minutes. Do this one more time.
- Serve the chicken by itself or with rice or salad, with some of the sauce drizzled on top and the remainder served in a small jug or bowl to dip in if desired.